Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Tuesday 7 July 2015

So I got this award....

The lovely people at the Glasgow Comic Con decided to give the 'Outstanding Contribution to Comics 2015' Award to.... well, me. I accepted, thanks, with a very short speech about how nice it is to see so many people creating comics and how different things are today to when I started in The Dark Ages when my mum preferred to tell the neighbours I was unemployed rather than drawing for comics.
Nika filmed part of it so maybe if you ask her she'll post it.


Utter joy at receiving award tempered slightly by
temporarily-empty glass drama at the apres-bash bash.


1 comment:

Kid said...

If only they'd awarded you a pristine edition of Fantastic Summer Special, you'd have looked happier in the photo, eh? I got an award once - I was awarded an ASBO, but I'm too modest to talk about it.