Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist

Nigel Parkinson, Cartoonist
Me at a Comic Con

Sunday 6 September 2015

One Saturday in Birmingham


On Saturday me and Nika made an appearance at the ICE Comic Con there- nice to see fellow pros aplenty there- Lew, Hunt, Dave and all those other 2000AD guys-
again, we were all finished early, everything given away! Here I am with Beano fans of a certain age who seemed pleased with these quick sketches we provided on the spot! (Eagle eyed readers may spot I'm wearing different shirt at 11am than I am at 2pm. There's a story behind that!)
Phew!
Next event in October- The Lakes Festival.

1 comment:

Richard Williams said...

Yes Nigel, I was one of those old fans and your sketch (superbly coloured by Nika) was absolutely exceptional! I think most of us old comic book folk grew up on the Beano & Dandy and still hold great affections for it today. Saying that, it was great to meet you both who were so gracious with all the fans that came & went from your table when I was there - top people!